You must select a location to proceed.
There was a problem adding this course to your account. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, you can contact our support department at (877) 880-1335.
Adding Registration, Please wait...
You must be logged in to perform this action.
Why Attorneys Strike Out: Professionalism in Baseball and the Legal Profession
On June 3, 2017 Edinson Volquez of the Marlins is pitching a no hitter in the ninth inning and it is a tense time for the pitcher. Although it was a tense time for the pitcher, he knew that the unwritten rules of baseball would prevent any ninth inning batter from bunting the ball and ruining his chance to make baseball history. Unfortunately, the same sense of professionalism and civility are oftentimes lacking within the legal community, even though these traits are the mainstays of our profession and the foundation upon which lawyers practice law. Don’t miss this interactive presentation in which our speaker, Philip Bogdanoff, uses the unwritten rules of professionalism in baseball, football, basketball, and other sports to discuss whether these same concepts of professionalism can apply to the legal profession. Attendees will watch film clips of baseball, football, basketball and soccer while we discuss professionalism in sports and the legal profession. Learn how to deal with difficult attorneys and how to improve professionalism in our daily practice of law with this entertaining online discussion.
Attendees will learn how states are responding to the problems of unprofessional conduct. We will determine whether disciplinary proceedings are appropriate for unprofessional conduct. We will discuss rules of professionalism in sports including the unwritten rules of professionalism in baseball. We will examine whether these rules can improve professionalism for attorneys. We will review the origins of unprofessional conduct in the legal profession. Attendees will review the Florida Lawyer’s Creed of Professionalism and discuss the importance of professionalism with court staff and office staff. Attendees will learn how to deal with difficult attorneys and how to improve professionalism in our daily practice of law.
Attorneys will learn:
• The results of a survey of 2000 lawyers on how to improve professionalism.
• Professionalism in sports and the unwritten rules of baseball.
• How these rules can improve professionalism for attorneys.
• How states are responding to the problems of unprofessional conduct.
• About disciplinary cases involving unprofessional conduct.
• How to respond to unprofessional conduct.
• How to improve professional conduct in the legal field.
• The origins of unprofessional conduct.
• Dos and Don’ts of professionalism both in and outside the courtroom.
• The importance of professionalism with court staff and office staff.
• How professionalism will improve your practice and help to retain clients.
1 of which may be applied towards Ethics
1 of which may be applied towards Professionalism
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Parenting Plans from Start to Finish
10 Lessons for Happy Lawyers: Boost wellness. Build resilience. Yes, you can.
Bankruptcy and Divorce: What Every Family Law Practitioner Should Know
(Online Seminar (On-Demand))
Trial Lawyer Professionalism