This program will address practical and ethical issues that often arise when mediating a case with an indigent party and strategies for successfully handling them. The impact that alternative dispute resolution can have on cases involving indigent clients. Discussion on opportunities for pro bono mediation.
You will learn:
• Ethical and practical issues in pro bono representation
• Tools for working effectively with low-income clients
• How to balance other professional obligations with pro bono representation
• Strategies for securing adequate training and mentorship for unfamiliar areas of law and venues
• Strategies for obtaining dispute resolution pro bono opportunitiesPublic Service-The Justice GapJayme CassidyFlorida Rules for Certified & Court-Appointed MediatorsJayme CassidyClosingJayme Cassidy